Thursday, December 18, 2008

We're Just Ordinary People...


You know what's the joy of meeting old friends? You can actually catch up with the changes of your old friends' life. Inevitably gossips about their personal life will sprout like our standard 4 science project (where we put a few green beans on wet cotton and wait for it to grow into tauge) You will either be marveled, shocked or disappointed by the way your old friends morphed into a totally different person.

Promiscuous sex machines, switched sexual orientation or preference, bizarre makeovers or disgusting ideologies about mankind. All these seem normal to me now. Maybe it's because many people around me are dropping into one of the categories here. Or maybe this is the real society my dad has been warning me about. People changed. Drastically, while me and a few of my closest mates are still here wondering why we are still the same or at least not much difference. Most of the time we are thankful that we are still who we are before, and enjoy the news of others' metamorphosis while sipping imaginary mojitos. (Most of the time it's Coke, Coke Light and orange juice lah. haha)



I am not a self-proclaimed saint or 'jebus', so I am not going to judge them. Even I myself have rough edges too. How they are now is probably because of the route they chose to blend into their college or uni life. And I am blessed enough to have Him and the people around me now to make me realise that the Yi Pin today is as special and as precious as the rarest gems in the world.



To my kawan-kawan; let's just celebrate Christmas to the fullest this year. Let's just freeze time, put aside whatever challenges we have to face that will make us emo and enjoy the time we have together. So that in future when we have trouble times, we still have this piece of wonderful memory to look back and smile again. To anticipate for our next reunion.

1 comment:

chelseaorange said...

T.T

i am going to run back to KL right this second.