Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflection...


My church pastor, or any living creature who had studied a course called Theology would ask us all to reflect our year and count our blessings as we approached the end of one amazing/disappointing/tragic year. I would say my year is rocky but ironically I have nothing to write about. But after seeing what my kawan Angelin being thankful in almost every single detail that made her 2008, I think there are things for me to be thankful about this year.

I am glad that I made it to Uni. Though I'm studying it in a college, but I'm glad I get to pursue what I always wanted to do. I am thankful for the doubts that came about in my 2008, because they taught me that in life if we keeping walking around and manipulated by our doubts, we will get nowhere. My sis told me that in life our perfect plans will not trun out to be what they are. They will be sometimes the opposite of what we desired, but whatever served to you at that time, just eat it. But do not let go what you are dreaming for. That's what she says.

Speaking about my sis, I am thankful that she's there. Though she moved out now, I am thankful that during that sad moments of her leaving, I know I am slowly growing up. And get to know that I was too emotionally dependent on her that only by her leaving that I can really stand up on my own.


And my 2008 is nothing without the constant sassy-skanky 3 outings that gave me happy memories to think about when I feel sad. Kawan-kawan, I sometimes wonder what will happen to us when we lost contact. Will we be this happy? Will we find other mates who are willing to reenact every possible pictures or sculpture we see? Will we find friends who are willing to tolerate our constant want for outdoor picnicking? Our views on clubbing? And our out-of-this-world choice of friendly outings? You both are the best!!


The island getaway. Yes, I still want to go back to Perhentian. And try snorkelling again. I gave up on one trip so this this time I will not. I will not fear drowning anymore and will take beach cliches pictures with Angelin.



And coming to realise that I do look good when I really dress up and be a little particular about my appearance. My mum was right actually. I remember how she always nag about me not keeping a great outlook when I told her I don't look that good. hehe. And yea, I am thankful I did not constipate in 2008.....I think. Nevermind.


People say 2009 will be tough because of the whole recession fever. I think I will control my spendings, and try my best to keep my tuition job. But I will keep my heads up and continue working on resolutions I have not achieved. Like getting my body tonned. Yea. It's still quite flabby. and yes, picking up the guitar. For real, coz next year I will be attending guitar class...starting this coming saturday. If I get to attend a vocal class, that will be good.

Okay. I should be content, I know...

No comments: