Monday, January 12, 2009

Shoot Me If I Am Not The Old Yi Pin


Friction of a metal blade against an ice surface, dozens of skaters with various skills and the sight of children practicing figure skating. I was fascinated by this sight when I waited for my adik in Sunway Pyramid. I remember when I was young, I can only awe at figure skaters and those who ice-skate for leisure. Knowing that my parents who couldn't afford to send me to swimming class, figure skating will be deemed an extreme luxury if I ever mention it to my parents.

This might sound superficial but it's true. I really do hope that I was raised in wealth. Then dreams will never have limits and awe will be something people use on us and not vice versa. If I were to be like Richie Rich, getting into shape will not be a struggle to me. Clothes will not be something I have to think twice about when I buy them and whatever I want to pick up will never be hindered by limited fundings. I probably know how to play the piano and have attended years of vocal training.

The again, I am not resentful towards the fact that I have plastics spoons instead of silver ones. Growing up in an average working class family taught me values I probably won't learn if I were to be rich. It taught me how valuable it is to have hope for my future and how I should work hard to achieve them or I might end up being a sane Beethoven roaming around Seri Petaling asking for food. I probably might not have what I own today if I were a rich boy.



Life is a very special subject. It's interesting to see how different moulds can give different faces of it. You might ask whether am I being ungrateful or am I running towards superficial indulgences? No. I am not. Just the occasion moments where I portray myself in different areas of life. I am curious how my life will turn out in the next 3, 5 and 10 years. Will I like what I do? Will I be happy? Will I condemn myself for pursuing my dreams?

I am curious...

No comments: