Saturday, March 21, 2009



I finally understand why so many uncles and aunties love to karaoke during weddings (Yes. Our ears will normally yell in pain and even go on a riot if we choose to endure the off-pitch serenades) I know Aimee will yell 'the hell' if I say this but, karaoke is really fun.



Yea. I actually abandoned Aimee and her friend last two weeks for 4 hours of karaoke when she wants to give her family, friends, secret boyfriend(s) and Beethoven a surprise. When you are locked in a room with 15 people and a huge karaoke machine in front of you, and when you are told that the walls are sound proof, you have all the reason in the world to expose the William Hung in you. No one cares whether you are croaking like a toad. We'll just laugh about it at the end of the day.



I realise that many times in life, I care too much about what people think about me. I care too much whether I am named a weirdo by my peers. I care too much about what people will tell me when I sing off pitch. And because of these, I fail to perform my best in every single thing I do. I became more and more nervous about every single detail of my life and I begin to lose grip on what I used to be good at. Or I became better in one area only to realise that I forgot my passion and the simplest rule of the matter.



To make things worse, I start to feel lonely too. Though I just chatted with my close kawans, I still miss them. And though I tried to make new friends, I still feel lonely. I just cannot find the connection. It turns out that body-building buddy and me having nothing else to talk about after that one long converstaion we had in the cafeteria. Sigh. Maybe it's just me. I feel blank nowadays. It's like my brain refuse to think anything or feel anything. I feel like a walking robot with flesh glued on me sometimes.

To Angelin and Aimee: Are you sure we should move in together when we start working? I think I'm becoming more clingy as I age..or more annoying, I dunno. T.T

3 comments:

chelseaorange said...

awwwww. come and give me a hug you clingy clingy person.

btw did my brother take tht picture! he said you looked like a rabbit in there

斌斌有理 said...

*hug*

yarp. he took that picture. ahhaha like rabbit.

angelin said...

:(

i can relate to the whole walking robot thing. it's funny and sad cause you don't know if you're supposed to be sad or happy or just content and you dont know why does this contentment comes with a certain emptiness..

i miss you too kawan. hugs. yes we're moving in together.. no matter what :)