Thursday, June 25, 2009

It Is Good For You



God gave men choices to decide how they should live their life. Or else we'll be like zombies who automatically offer ourselves to be pastors once we popped out of our mother womb. But, the irony that dwells around this believe is that despite such freedom to choose, we human beings are not capable in doing so many things that many people of the new era wants to do.

Well, it's an inevitable impossibility for us to be asexuals though many would definitely love that. And as much as the idea of 30 hours a day sound extremely perfect for us procrastinators, we know the end is near when such thing happens. And no matter how we hate our memories, we are incapable of erasing them. We can hide them somewhere and live in denial but they are still there dweling in our brains.

I love this irony.



I just finish watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. People in that movie are so eager to erase their sad memories off their brain so that they can move on and live a new life. Well, there's nothing wrong with that, but for someone who has a mix of both good and nad memories, I think bad memories are as good as ginseng to our body.



As bad as they may be, unhappy memories helped shaped who I am today. Failures and humiliation taught me that life needs those lemons to toughen you up. I would never learn to be careful with my responsibility if I was not scrutinised and interrogated in front of a committee meeting that made me walk off after that in tears. Running up the stage to realise that I ran up too soon to claim the prize that was not mine made me realise that I need to be more careful and to always dig your ears when you have time. And of course, the cliche statement of failures lead to success is not an Ancient myth carved on stones as many people had proved it right.



Seriously, there are no memories that I want to erase. The happy ones drive me to live happily everyday, hoping for the best to come. The bad ones remind me that if such things come again, it means it's time to sharpen yourself and adjust whatever is not right in you.

1 comment:

chelseaorange said...

i like that line you said about bad memories and ginseng. and it's true. come to think of it, there isn't a memory i'd erase, good or bad.