Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We Think Too Much, Don't We?


Angelin took this picture. When she make it as a professional photographer one day and organise an exhibition, I'll support her by going there 3 times...even if it's in London or Johannesburg. hehe

Of all the cliches people like to copy and paste into their lifestyle, thinking out of the box is the one people seldom make fun off no matter how overrated it sounds. Hey. Thinking out of the box can catapult you to your dream of owning a condo at Hartamas (It's the Malaysian Orange County coz some producers made a drama like The OC with Hartamas as their backdrop), driving your dream Ferrari in the streets of KL that somehow make the raging stallions look like a sick donkey and sip those martinis you like at fancy parties where you meet local celebs and get yourself hooked up and possibly, another score!

That, of course, is not the only mould of successful life (and I don't want it...except for the condo part though) but hey, it sure pays to think out of the box.



I realise that we at most times opt to be constrained by human wisdom, human ways of organising and the moulds that we make ourselves for security sake. Even when we choose to be creative, our creativity is within the compounds of the limit our brain can take us to. Even myself, when I expect certain things to occur in my life, I expect them to be how I imagine them to be or how I perceive those matters turn out. But in this world, greater things will happen, even if it is out of our imagination or knowledge of it.

As smart and intelligent human beings can be, we are still limiting ourselves with the theories on the book, or the ones carved on stones. Miracles happen and there's really no need to explain why and how they happened. Why is there a constant urge to explain every single occurences in the world? So that they can be published in hard covers and be sold at RM299.90 with discounts up to 40% when no one buys it? If it's the cure for cancer and AIDS, by all means. Humanity needs them, but does it matter if the world is created by someone of higher authority instead of a product of Big Bang? We are destroying it anyway, so why bother?

In many cases I have seen how I have failed to bring any significance differences in the ministries I serve in at church and I believe the main reason is because I let my own version of organisation or wonderful works limit what He can do to bring changes. I expect changes to be how I expect them to be bt the truth is, things don't always happen that way. He is not limited to our own imagination and expectation, is He?

So now I am going to sit back and not worry or fear too much about life. Hey. It's not that by worrying I'll add another day to my life. Knowing that He holds my future, I shall just live everyday the fullest! (This is also another cliche, right? haha)

1 comment:

angelin said...

london and johannesburg. omg you know me too well *twirl hair teehee :)

there's this quote from hitch - life is not about the number of breaths you take but the number of moments that take your breath away. do whatever makes you happy. really. the only thing that can kill your dreams is pessimism.