Monday, July 6, 2009

Sir, You Got It All Wrong...

I finally submitted my Malaysian Studies project, and presented on my topic. My lecturer was all praises after I presented, saying that everyone should imitate me and telling the whole class that he gave me 9.8 out of 10 marks for presentation. As flattering as those praises may be, the concoction of feelings in my heart is what makes me uneasy now.

Honestly, I only spent about a week to do the project and my presentation slides were done like an hour before the presentation...fine, maybe two hours before it but it was totally last minute. He was telling the whole class how much effort I probably have invested on my project as he browse thorough my project, saying that it is probably a two-months work. Deep down, I feel guilty because I really don't deserve those praises. I really wanted to tell him or email him to say that 'take back those praises...I don't deserve them..I did it last minute'. I actually thought that this is one of the worst projects I have ever done, not because of the topic but the fact that I didn't try my best in doing it. Sigh.

I seriously don't know how to react to this. I was thinking maybe my work stood out because I am classmates with a group of people whose English level are not so good and who don't give a damn about this shit. Maybe if I were to be in the same batch as the Pre-U students, my work will probably be crappy.

Then again, I am thankful that I have finished it and actually be praised for doing so.

No comments: